AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall justification issues

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jcorcoran
246 Views, 4 Replies

Wall justification issues

I want to change all walls in a drawing from center-justified to left-justified. However, when I do this, the location of the wall changes. Is there a way to change the justification of a wall without having it move?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cadtastrophe
in reply to: jcorcoran

Yes, but unfortunately I believe the only way to get your desired result is to do them individually by selecting the individual wall then rt clicking then select justification, at this point if you hold control while changing the justification your wall will maintain its location.
Message 3 of 5
jcorcoran

Thank you, that did work. I just wish there was a way to do it for an entire drawing rather than one wall at a time. This is a huge building and I think it is going to take forever....wish list item perhaps?
Message 4 of 5
cadtastrophe

I agree, I'm no programmer, but that one seems like it would be fairly easy to remedy... but what do I know.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I have no idea how easy or hard implementing that would be from a programming standpoint, but you would still need to go through the file after such a mass change to fix all of the cleanup issues that will likely result from moving the justification lines without moving the walls. That said, there are times when I wish I could change the justification of many walls at once without moving them, too. (Even when done manually, you need to make adjustments to cleanups.)

--

David Koch
Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Using ADT 2004 at work; access to 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008 at home

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost