AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Intersection Clean Up for Different Wall Types

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
marc5
760 Views, 15 Replies

Wall Intersection Clean Up for Different Wall Types

I am having trouble cleaning up different wall types joining at or close to a corner. I tried to over ride the clean up radius....no luck. May be doing it wrong or this may not be the way to fix the problem.

Is there a fix? Please see attached.

Thanks,

Marc

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
KathyMoffa
in reply to: marc5

I see two problems.  First, you have the priorities in your wall components reversed.    The structural items, like CMU,  that get installed first have lower priority numbers than the finishing items, like drywall, that are installed later.     The standards for the components you are using are:  CMU 300, Stud 500, Rigid Insulation 600, Air Gap 700 and GYP 1200.      Take a look at the many  wall components provided with the product, and study their priority numbers.      The second and bigger problem is the clean-up radius.   You have a 6-inch radius on your tile wall which in conjunction with the 6" radius on your gyp only wall and the 16" radius on your CMU wall, is causing the walls to jump across otherwise empty space to clean-up with all walls that are within that radius.    Change all the radius's to 0 and correct your component priorities, and the walls will clean-up without issue.    

Message 3 of 16
marc5

Thanks, I did not know to do wall priorities in a certain order.

Also, is there another way to do clean up radius? I tried (left click on a wall / right click / cleanups / override cleanup radius) and cannot seem to get it to work. Am I in the wrong place?

Thanks,

Marc

Message 4 of 16
KathyMoffa

With your Properties dialog box open, click on a wall and on the Design Tab/Advanced/Cleanups, change the Cleanup radius to 0.  Do this for every wall that has a cleanup radius. 

Message 5 of 16
marc5
in reply to: KathyMoffa

Cool.....Thanks. All fixed.

The wall raduius of zero, should this be used as default or just when wall intersections have a problem?

Marc

Message 6 of 16
KathyMoffa

Always start with the default radius at 0.  And, make certain that the wall components you want to clean up  have the same Cleanup priority and are in the same Cleanup group.  

Message 7 of 16
marc5

Okay....Thanks again.

All is working well so far.

Marc

Message 8 of 16
marc5

I may have spoken too soon.

Please see atached.

Thanks.

Message 9 of 16
KathyMoffa

I couldn't get those two areas to work without adding a cleanup radius.  Select each wall, toggle on Justification Display and drag the cleanup arrow until you see the missing components appear. 

Message 10 of 16
marc5

Just got around to trying what you said......ALL is good and working.

THANKS!

Marc

Message 11 of 16
KathyMoffa

Great!  Glad you finally got it working.  

Message 12 of 16
marc5

Hey....Maybe you are out there. I am too tired and mad to figure this out. I did the First Floor Space Generate and Room Tag. All looked great. I did this a few days ago. Today I go to do the same thing to the Second Floor and all is not great. The First and Second Floor are in the same model space, Space Generate appears to have worked just fine; however, when I go and do the Room Tag the tag comes in huge. Why?

Please see atached.

Thanks,

Marc

Message 13 of 16
KathyMoffa

When I open your drawing, the tags look fine.   I would suggest re-posting as a new topic, rather than piggy backing on the existing one, and rather than your drawing, post screen shots of the right and wrong tags. 

Message 14 of 16
marc5

Okay. Thanks. The reason I piggy back is that you were SO helpful. Regards, Marcus A. Jones PROJECT MANAGER [LDJ Logo White - Email] 2554 Beach Blvd, Suite D Biloxi, MS 39531 P: 228.388.5099 F: 228.388.7088 www.ldjarchitects.com Any drawings, details, images, text, and renderings contained within the body of this email, and any attachments of similar but not limited to this same description are copyrighted by LeBatard Denmark Jones Architects, PLLC and claim all rights of the copyright laws. Unless otherwise indicated, the information contained in this message is confidential, and is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, or are not sure whether it is privileged, notify the sender immediately by telephone and please return the message to bjones@ldjarchitects.com. ? Please consider the environment before printing this email [Net-Solutions-Facebook]
Message 15 of 16
KathyMoffa

You are very welcome.  I see that you've reposted, and the first response from Leo was what I thought it might be. Unfortunately,  I don't have any additional ideas beyond that one which you say doesn't work.  I noticed from your last posting that you are located in my part of the world.  I live on Perdido Bay in Lillian--what I call the Pensacola side of Alabama.   Small world!

Message 16 of 16
marc5

Wow, usually posts are from a long ways off. You are just down the road.

Still having troubles with Room Tags being too big. I will try wblocking floor plan out and see if that does anything.

Will let you know.

Have a great Tuesday.

Marc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost