AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall icon not showing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
danielle.mikolay
1071 Views, 3 Replies

Wall icon not showing

The wall icon is not on my ribbon or tool palettes. I don't have the build panel under home so I don't know how to get the icon to show up?

Also having a problem when draw the wall it comes in to thick. How can you get it come in at 5 1/2" every time. Windows and doors are also coming in to large.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

@danielle.mikolay wrote:

1. The wall icon is not on my ribbon or tool palettes. I don't have the build panel under home so I don't know how to get the icon to show up?

2. Also having a problem when draw the wall it comes in to thick. How can you get it come in at 5 1/2" every time.

3. Windows and doors are also coming in to large.

Thank you.

Hello and welcome to the forums,

1. Make sure you have the "AutoCAD Architecture (US Imperial)" profile current.
  2. After you select the wall tool, change the thickness in the properties pallette, the next time you execute the tool it will keep the same thickness.
  3. Same theory, after you execute the tool, modify the properties to the desired dimensions then place in the model.
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 3 of 4

I still don't have the wall tool. I am missing the build under home
section.

The entire ribbon is not installed unless I have imperial default on. The
regular imperial will not show the entire ribbon.

Space Planner Consultant
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Danielle Mikolay | NCIDQ Certificate no. 23489
Phone 973-397-6421
danielle.mikolay@us.schindler.com

Schindler Elevator Corporation | Building Services
20 Whippany Road | Morristown, NJ 07960, USA
http://www.schindler.com
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please consider your environment.

Schindler supports sustainable urban development with
safe, reliable and ecologically sound mobility solutions.

Notice: The information contained in this message is intended only for use of the individual(s) named above and may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that you must not use, disseminate , copy it in any form or take any action in reliance of it. If you have received this message in error please delete it and any copies of it and notify the sender immediately.
Message 4 of 4

Somehow the panel was removed from the profile and workspace then. The easiest way to get it back is to reset AutoCAD Architecture back to its default settings. Please note that this will remove all customization. Exit ACA, From the Windows start menu->All programs->Autodesk->Autocad Architecture 20XX->pick the Reset Settings to Default tool. This tool is only available for versions 2012 and above. Let us know if you have a lower version.

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost