AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wall hatch issue autocad 2014 architecture

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mehul9joshi
1763 Views, 4 Replies

wall hatch issue autocad 2014 architecture

hi,
m using autocad 2014 Architecture and as used the wall tool to make some walls and after completeing my work i rotated the plan to 45 degrees..

and the wall hatch that shlould be 45 degrees top the wall is now perpendicular to the wall... also some parts of the wall turned solid automatically...
please help 😞 😞cad.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ntellery
in reply to: mehul9joshi

The hatch is either set by the wall style directly or should be preferably set By Material setting. Either way, the hatching is either set under Orientation as global (all the same way and from the same starting point) or Object (where each entity hatching starts from it's own point.  You want it set as object.

For example if you have numerous separate portions of hatching for paving or tiling, you might want global so the hatching is continuous where they meet.

On the solid portion, I've usually found that happens when the scale is a little odd. Perhaps the crosshatch needs to be closer together although if you change the setting to Object, I think the problem will disappear.

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html
Message 3 of 5
MarySeufert

Just to explain why the solid hatch appears... The program applies a solid fill when the pattern set for the object doesn't display due to the pattern type and orgin/rotation/scale set in the material style (or display rep).

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 4 of 5
mehul9joshi

Can you please simplify this and is there is any solution to this issue.??

Message 5 of 5
ntellery

Edit the wall style.  If the ByMaterial box is ticked for the hatching, then you need to edit the material set for the componant (another tab in the wall style) and if it's not ticked, the hatching is set in the wall style itself.

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost