AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wall component snaps

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
grantg
647 Views, 8 Replies

wall component snaps

silly question cant find the answer-
2009 osnap variable? that allows user to select points on components not just the baseline of a wall or other aec object is......

thanks
G
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
sam.chan
in reply to: grantg

Hi,
Please try if this can solve the issue:

Move your mouse over one of the snapping icons on lower left, right click and choose Settings
This will open up a Drafting Setting Dialog
Uncheck the option 'Allow general object snap settings to act upon wall justification line' under heading AutoCAD Architecture. Press OK to continue.
After that you should be able to snap to the component edge.

Thanks.
Sam
Message 3 of 9
grantg

thanks for the reply but no, this did not fix the issue.
we have tried this on the machine with the issue. I also checked this setting on my machine. I was able to osnap to every object within my wall with the setting you mention both on and off.
Grant
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

How about this setting, in Options?

grantg@designwestarchitects.com wrote:
> thanks for the reply but no, this did not fix the issue. we have tried
> this on the machine with the issue. I also checked this setting on my
> machine. I was able to osnap to every object within my wall with the
> setting you mention both on and off. Grant
Message 5 of 9
grantg

nope same result i tried that with in cobination with the above suggestion as well. no change.

Thanks for trying though.

as a matter of testing it i can't turn it off on my machine nor turn it on on his machine using these ideas, there must be a setvar that needs to be changed.
Message 6 of 9
david

Is your layer 0 turned on?
Message 7 of 9
Ms_King

Holy cow. I just spent the last 45 minutes banging my head against the wall with this exact same issue, trying everything I came across. Nothing worked.

Turn on Layer 0...so painfully easy. Totally worked. Thank you!

-Sara
Message 8 of 9
ntellery
in reply to: Ms_King

as I described in another post, it has to do with what layer your materials are set on.  As they are probably (and should be) on layer 0, if you turn that off (as happens when using layer isolate) you will loose the ability to osnap to lots of aec objects.  as an experiement you can take the standard wall type, change the layers to the layer your walls go on and then isolate the wall and will still have all your snaps.  I DO NOT REOMMEND this in practise but it will illistrate the bug that Adesk introduced into ADT/ACA and didn't resolve until version 10 or 11.

My work around working in ACA09 : I created a very simple lisp routine that will turn on layer 0 and regen and then I can keep working.  I would like to redefine the Layerisolate routine to keep layer 0 on but I haven;t got that far yet! 

(defun C:L0 () (command "-layer" "m" "0" "") (command "regen"))     ;;Change to layer 0 and regen

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html
Message 9 of 9
chrishaarmeyer
in reply to: ntellery

I have 2011 and none of these things have worked yet.   Though I am not sure what the "contextual ribbon toggle" is but I have switched the one in OSNAP settings, turned on and off layer 0 to no avail.   Any help would be appreciated.   This has happened to me twice before and I have no clue what resolved it, it just seems to have resolved itself or a good reboot did it.  Not sure.   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost