AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Styles Squiggle

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
BBP-Arch
2146 Views, 2 Replies

Visual Styles Squiggle

I have ACA2011. Long ago I used to use a 3rd Party software called Squiggle to similate hand drawn lines (using a computer to draw, then using a computer to make it look like it's drawn by hand? There's something bass-ackwards about that...anyway, I digress) and it worked okay. I've tried the Sketchy Visual Style and it's terrible, and has very little ability to modify it. Is there another 3rd party software out there that can be used for this? I googled Squiggle and it doesn't look like it's been updated in years....it may even be defunct by now...

Any ideas?

Scott

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: BBP-Arch

Look up CADSKETCH and if it's still around SKETCHXPRESS, but fake hand-drawn cad drawings really do look terrible: back in the day on a client presentation one of our drafters spent a lot of time with Squiggle on some elevations and plans. Very nice results too: we almost lost the account because the client did not think we had CAD and could not tackle their project. Lesson learned: know your target audience, most customers do not appreciate or understand Arch-School hand drafting skills or drawings.

And don't get me started on "hand-lettering" fonts 🙂

Message 3 of 3
John.W.Mumaw
in reply to: pendean

Besides the visual styles there is the Napkin command.  These days you need to type it in since it's not in the ribbon.  Not a whole lot of options but a few.

John

John W. Mumaw
Timber Frame Designer
Lost Bent Woodworking & Design

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost