AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual styles problem

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Oilymo
245 Views, 1 Reply

Visual styles problem

Can anyone help? I've got two PC's identical setup (software) and more than adequate hardware. For some reason one displays materials in realistic, the other doesn't. I've checked the visual styles and both are identical.

See attached document for images.

As always any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Ben
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Oilymo

Wild guess here, but from your images it would appear that the computers are NOT identical. The top image appears to be running under Vista (or possibly Windows 7 - I have yet to see what that interface looks like) and the bottom XP. Vista puts the "all users" stuff in a different location than XP, so it could be something as simple as having the image files associated with your material definitions being in a folder that is not in the AutoCAD search path (or not where it expects them to be). Check out the settings on the machine that is not displaying the visual styles properly, and make certain that the entries under the Texture Maps Search Path on the Files tab of the Options dialog are set to valid folders that actually contain the correct files.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost