AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual style in perspective mode

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
croc49
615 Views, 5 Replies

Visual style in perspective mode

I have a visual style  custom "Colour" - STB - that hasn't changed in years.
I've attached ACA2014 plotted example (1) which has always worked, and also the same drawing ACA2015 (2).
They both work fine in "parallel" isometrics, but ACA2015 has internal lines bleeding through when changed to "perspective".
Looked at a similar thread in Autocad 2015 and  _Wblock fixed the problem, but by Wblocking, drawing properties were lost (and probably other things that I will find out later).
It is not a good solution, and was hoping to find something within original drawing to change and fix.
Tweaked all my "colour" visual style settings ,and done audit/recover/recoverall with no success.
Guess my question is how did Wblock fix it ?
And any ideas how to fix original drawing - will post next time if required ?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Victoria.Studley
in reply to: croc49

Hi Croc,

Could you please post the file for testing? I'll be happy to take a look. (If it's too large to attach to a forum post, let me know, and we can find another way to transfer it.)

As an initial suggestion, you may want to look at the Shrinkwrap settings on the objects that don't display correctly. It's difficult to tell what's causing the problem though, without look at the file.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 3 of 6
croc49
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

I don't actually use shrinkwrap (I call it none and turn everything off)

Think I used to get materials blending which looked awful.

My settings have been working for the last 6-8 years untouched.

Things look Ok in modelspace but not so good in layout, which makes me think it's a visual style issue.

The thing I like about this layout rather than rendering is that it is already set up, and takes no extra time to give client a reasonable view of building.

So I'm keen to retain the style.

Message 4 of 6
Victoria.Studley
in reply to: croc49

Hi Croc,

Thank you for posting the file. I was able to open the file in ACA 2015, and the visual style displays correctly in the "0" Layout tab in both Perspective and Parallel. It also plots - without the excess lines showing through - using "DWG to PDF.pc3" for the plot. However, I do not have your custom materials or STB to work with.

-Does the visual style in perspective display correctly in the Layout tab from within the program, or can you see the excess lines on screen?

-Or does the visual style display correctly, but plot with the excess lines?

-Does it occur when you plot using "DWG to PDF.pc3"?

-How about a physical plotter?

-Does it occur if you plot with a different STB? (Try switching to one of the standards, like AEC Standard Color, for example.)

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 5 of 6

Perhaps I am mis-remembering, but I thought that Plot Styles were only applied to the 2D Wireframe and Wireframe Visual Styles.  Is that no longer true?

If true, the custom Colour Visual Style used in the layout viewports appears to be based on the Realistic Visual Style, and therefore changing the plot style should not have any effect.

I do not have the custom plot style assigned to the layout, the custom materials that appear to have been used in the sample PDFs posted or Adobe Acrobat here on my home computer, so my results may not be valid, but I did not experience the bleed through using ACA 2015 and either the out-of-the-box DWG to PDF.pc3 or the PDF995 "plotter" that I do have.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 6 of 6
croc49
in reply to: David_W_Koch

The internal lines appear on the screen in layout view, but not modelspace.

I tried using alternative plotter to no avail.

The custom "colour" style is a version of Realistic - the OOTB one is a bit fuzzy whereas the one I use is more "realistic"

At the moment I'm thinking it's a grahics card problem.

On my notebook, with ACA2014, the same drawing works fine and is my current DWG to PDF device - I dare not upgrade it until I get this problem fixed.

The Nvidia FX1800 graphics card on my desktop with ACA2015 doesn't qualify for hardware acceleration, whilst the notebook does.

I was hoping someone else was experiencing the same problem, but looks like it's not program related.

So I will probably accept this as a solution. Thanks Vstudley and David for your time.

For the record, I've attached setting for my custom "colour" style.

Because I do mainly low end residiential housing, it doesn't warrant time spent on renders, so this is an excellent print on the fly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost