AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewport display problem

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1639 Views, 2 Replies

Viewport display problem

I'm running ACA 2014.

Since installing SP1 I've noticed viewports do not display correctly or will not display at all in some cases.

DWG file attached is set up with 3 viewports. If I set a viewport to realistic or shaded with edges etc, then set another viewport in the same manner, the previous viewport disappears totally or part of the model disappears.

Is this as a consequence of SP1 or am I missing something when setting up viewports.

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

I am seeing the same behavior in your file here.  I tried to reproduce the effect using Walls, Doors and Windows, in a file of my own, but could not.  But if I copied your block into my file, I got the same results.

It appears as though it is related to the fact that your object is modeled on different layers, and each viewport is set up to VPLAYER Freeze the layers visible in the other viewport.  For some reason, when changing the visual style of one of the viewports, the regeneration of the visbile graphics of that block results in some or all of the things that are frozen in that viewport also dropping out of the others.  This is very odd and unexpected.  If I VPLAYER Thawed the layers in all viewports, the issue stopped.

One thing I did note was that running the OBJRELUPDATE command would restore the graphics in all viewports.  REGENALL was not enough.  If you would rather not type OBJRELUPDATE each time, you can find a tool for that command on the View ribbon tab, Appearance panel, by selecting the down arrow portion of the bottom tool in the right column, and then selecting the Regenerate Model tool.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Great-that solved it.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost