AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using AutoDesk 360

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Steven_Cunningham
838 Views, 6 Replies

Using AutoDesk 360

Is anyone actually using AutoDesk 360?  If so, I'd like some guidance, please.  As an independent draftsman working with several different architects, I'd love to be able to collaborate online, but I can't seem to figure out how to use 360 efficiently.  And if I can't get my head around it, I'll never be able to sell it to my clients.  Specifically, how do you share project sheet files?  You can't simply upload a sheet file because the views and constructs that are x-refed won't be attached.  Do you upload the entire project?  That takes some time and storage space, and is it even possible for a project to function correctly in the cloud?  If I have to save sheets to a separate folder and bind everything before uploading, then that creates a lot more work and coordination and how is that efficient collaboration since I'll have to then make independant changes within my project files on my 'puter if someone else makes an adjustment to a file in 360?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Steven_Cunningham

You have to upload the entire project: yes, that may mean you need to purchase more space, ut then, that's the whole point of selling 360 as a service.

Message 3 of 7
Steven_Cunningham
in reply to: pendean

Dean,

I'm having a second look at 360, perhaps because I'm a glutton for punishment.  I am having some mixed results.  I've set it to auto sync my drawings, which usually works well, but for some odd reason not all of the views in all the the sheets appear in the web viewer.  Example: one sheet shows all viewports and everything looks great.  The next several sheets show one viewport but not others.  All xrefs are set to relative path, and all referenced drawing appear in their relative locations.  Seems a bit frustrating.  I've sent you a link in a private message.  If you could give it look and tell me where I've gone wrong, I'd appreciate it.

Message 4 of 7
pendean

Without sitting at your desk to examine your entire setup, I'm not sure what may have 'gone wrong' except that I personally never rely on the autosync feature. I upload my files when I'm ready or decide to do so for a specific reason, manually: I don't seem to have such issues. yet.
Message 5 of 7
Steven_Cunningham

Thanks for the tip.  That seems to be working better, to upload manually rather than autosync, but there does still seem to be some issues with the viewer.  None of the wall types are showing correctly, they're just single lines that don't break at door or window openings, and the fonts aren't correct (granted I'm using a custom font). Have a look: floor plan

Message 6 of 7
pendean

Sounds like the viewer is not ACA friendly (missing an OE/AEC component). You are describing what your file might look like in Plain AutoCAD.
Message 7 of 7
Steven_Cunningham

Can we make it ACA friendly (and by extension make ACA users more friendly)?  

And by 'we' I do mean 'Autodesk'.  Unless of course, by some twist of fate, that there might be some small way that the 'I' part of 'we' could actually do something to make my Autodesk experience less frustrating.  Smiley Wink

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost