AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Window tag for door.

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
ToanDN
305 Views, 0 Replies

Use Window tag for door.

ACA2011.

So I have parted away from ADT/ACA for nearly 2 years so please forgive my fading memory.  My leftover knowledge mostly from ADT 2006 and a little bit of ACA 2008.

Yesterday I have a chance to work on ACA 2011 for a very simple project.  Fast forward to pass all the difficulties with the all-new interface, I wanted to use the stock Window tag for all exterior openings (doors, windows, door window assemblies).  I checked the Door box under the [Apply To] tab of the Window object property definition.  But I still couldn't select any doors when I tried to tag them with the Window tag from the Tool Palette (it kept telling me that I needed to select a window or a door window assembly).  I found a workaround which is to highlight a tag already placed in the drawing and use the [Add Selected] from the right click menu, then I could select a door and it was tagged properly.

Any thoughts?  Am I missing any step?

Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost