AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Win7-64bit: ACA v3.3 and ACA 2004 Recommendations please

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
bmadams1234
377 Views, 5 Replies

Upgrade Win7-64bit: ACA v3.3 and ACA 2004 Recommendations please

Thanks for helping with this. I am building a new Workstation for a client that uses Autodesk Architectural Desktop.  Her old PC is XP (-32) and she uses both ACA 3.3 and ACA 2004.

And, of course, she does not want to upgrade. Because of both cost and having to adjust to new functions and screens and options and layouts etc. (like most all of use, change is avoided when you have something that works). The majority of her work is in 3.3.

I suspect she needs to go with something newer (Autodesk shows 2009 as 1st version supported for Win7 -64).  BUT, she is the customer!!! So I am reaching out to this Forum for any feedback/experience related to this dilemma:

Is anybody running either 3.3 or 2004 on a Win7 -64 machine? Successfully?

Have some to-the-point advice/encouragement I can pass on to the user related going to a newer version?

Can anybody help me locate full downloads for 3.3 and 2004 to install? I have the license info from the old pc but having trouble finding discs.

Thank You Thank You Thank You

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: bmadams1234

Yep, those are too old for Win7, especially the 64bit: unsupported is the buzzword you're looking for... .

There is a 3rd party software called Longbow many here swear by for getting old versions of AutoCAD to work in newer Windows versions: buy it if you're interested. Otherwise Microsoft offers tips on how to run old software in Windows (your user will hate the experience).

Autodesk doesn't keep old media or downloads of old software available. You all might need to hunt around eBay or wait for a kind soul here to give up their property for you.
Message 3 of 6
bmadams1234
in reply to: pendean

Thanks Pendean for the fast reply, I was expecting pretty much what all you said. I looked at Longbow but it looks like it is for AutoCAD, with no mention of Architectural Desktop. I did secure AutoCAD 2010 64bit. It is installed and running. But does not address the clients preferred need for Architectural Desktop. For that, I would think they should buy a used install of at least ACA 2009 64bit? Or does it need to match their AutoCAD 2010 install?

Message 4 of 6
bmadams1234

WOW!!! Crazy love Autodesk has for their Architecture Desktop. And nobody seems to be letting go of their old versions. And I cant even fine a price of a newer one like Architecture Desktop 2013 or 2014?? How, where and what to expect for this product?

Message 5 of 6
pendean

AutoCAD is ACA, MEP, Civil, LT, MAP, ASD and more: outside vendors see the entire family as one product, AutoCAD. Contact them and ask, don't assume 🙂
Message 6 of 6
pendean

Online estore at Autodesk.com will sell you the latest version and show you a price: unless you are in a region of the world where no online store is available.
You can also contact resellers in your area and ask: autodesk.com can link you to a list there too.
Help yourself.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost