AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated Logitech Mouse Software...middle button pan not working now

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Ms_King
6911 Views, 5 Replies

Updated Logitech Mouse Software...middle button pan not working now

Argh. I should have just left well enough alone.

I have a Logitech MX 600 cordless mouse. I just updated the SetPoint software as I got a new cordless keyboard. Now, the middle button pan is erratically working. None of the settings has changed. MBUTTONPAN is set to 1. Middle button is still set to "Middle Button."

Sometimes the pan works. Most of the time it doesn't. Anyone know if there are new setting on the SetPoint software I need to check or uncheck? I've even tried messing with some CUI settings under the mouse component...

-Sara
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Ms_King
in reply to: Ms_King

Figures. After spending 45 minutes on this problem, the second I post to the forum, I've found a "work around." In the rare case someone else might have this problem:

I have the type of mouse that you can mavuever the middle wheel to the left or right in addition to pressing down on it. So, I set the left and right scroll functions to "unassigned" and left the middle wheel function to "middle wheel." Seems to work like a charm. It must be that sensitive that I was getting some interference, so to speak. Strange that I didn't have this problem before I updated the software. Jeez.

-Sara
Message 3 of 6
sbcadguy

I use a logitech wireless keyboard mouse combo and as you have found, get things reset every time SetPoint is updated.  I have even had instances where things get reset even without updating the software.  I have found that you can backup your settings.  Just copy the user.xml file from the logitech directory and save it in a safe place:

(this is for WindowsXP, don't know where it would be under Vista/Win7)

C:\Documents and Settings\your_user_name\Application Data\Logitech\SetPoint\

Next time you update Setpoint or things reset by itself, just copy the user.xml file back in there to get your original settings back.

Message 4 of 6
Ms_King

I'll do that. Thanks for the tip!

-Sara
Message 5 of 6
robindeurloo

Try setting your thumb button as middle mouse button and use that for pan. This way you can still use the mousewheel tilt for some other function like back and forward in your web browser. Ever since I have a thumb button I use that to pan and I think it is much better then the mouse wheel.

Message 6 of 6
fvalenzuela58

(1) Open the Logitech “Setpoint” software (should be installed with your Logitech mouse)
(2) Assuming you have the Default Settings, change the following in the “Select Button” list to the corresponding “Select Task”:
Change “3 Zoom” -> “Middle Button”
Change “6 Left Scroll” -> “Other” -> “Middle Button”
Change “7 Right Scroll” -> “Other” -> “Middle Button”

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost