AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unreconciled new layers exist in the drawing

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
23718 Views, 5 Replies

unreconciled new layers exist in the drawing

I'm getting this msg and I don't know what it means. Never seen it before.....

"the properties of these layers should be evaluated to ensure they
display as intended in paper space viewports and in layer states.

view the list of unreconciled new layers in the layer properties manager"

DO ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS MEAN?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You have layers that have been added to the
drawings that have not been reconciled, just like is says.  You can go to
the layer manager and view the unreconciled layers and see if they are needed on
your drawing.  You can adjust the settings by clicking the settings button,
lower left of the layer manager.  Help has more detail.

ACote

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
I'm
getting this msg and I don't know what it means. Never seen it before.....
"the properties of these layers should be evaluated to ensure they display as
intended in paper space viewports and in layer states. view the list of
unreconciled new layers in the layer properties manager" DO ANYONE KNOW WHAT
THIS MEAN?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Dear...,

The setting of Reconciled layers can be changed with the command Layereval ( just fill it in the command line). Be aware that the setting is also set in the template you load. to deactivate this function, save the template to a new version and in the dialogbox witch appears select the option save al layer ar reconciled layers.

With best regards, Eric
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

cooool

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I'm also getting this message when I print.  

I do see in the layer manager that there is a list of  unreconcilable layers but what exactly does this mean?   I don't really care that I have them.  I just want the error message to stop popping up when I go to print. 

After I put in the "Layereval" comand.  It says to "Enter new vlue for Layereval <1>: " 

Any input would be great.  

Thanks. 

Message 6 of 6
David_W_Koch

The layer evaluation feature is meant to provide a warning that new layers have been added to a drawing, either by attaching an external reference (or reloading the reference, and layers not present previously are there now) or by inserting a block reference from an external source.  The presumption is that you have set the drawing up, with the desired layer settings, and now new layers have been added, which should be reviewed to verify that the settings are appropriate before plotting and possibly wasting a plot because of incorrect layer settings.  If this sort of warning appeals to you, you can leave it active.  All you need do what you get the warning is open the Layer Properties Manager and look at the new layers (there will be a filter for unreconcilled layers).  You can select all that pass muster and reconcile them and make whatever settings adjustments are needed on the rest.

If you have strong layer standards in place, and effective ways of implementing them, and therefore find the warnings annoying and would rather not have to take the time to reconcile the layers, you can set the values of several system variables to turn off the feature or limit the feature:

LAYEREVALCTL can be set to 0 (turns off evaluation and notification of new layers) or 1 (turns on evalutation of new layers, based on setting of LAYEREVAL).  This is saved to the user profile, affecting all drawings opened under that profile.

LAYEREVAL controls whether layers are evaluated, and has three possible settings:  0 (off; no evalutation), 1 (detects when new external reference layers have been added in the drawing), or 2 (detects when new layers have been added in the drawing and in external references in the drawing).  This is stored in the drawing.  If LAYEREVALCTL is set to 0, the setting of LAYEREVAL is ignored.

LAYERNOTIFY controls when notification alerts are displayed.  This is a bit-coded variable; each of the possible notifications is assigned to a particular bit, and if that bit is set, then that notification is active.  In other words, the value of LAYERNOTIFY is the sum of the active bit values.  This is stored in the drawing.  If LAYEREVALCTL is set to 0, the setting of LAYEREVAL is ignored.

0 - Off.

1 - Notification given when plotting.

2 - Notification given when opening.

4 - Notification given when loading/reloading/attaching external references.

8 - Notification given when restoring a layer state.

16 - Notification given when saving.

32 - Notification given when using the INSERT command.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost