AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlimited undo - memory issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
twox2
607 Views, 1 Reply

unlimited undo - memory issue

A coworker and I are thinking that the unlimited undo is what is slowing the computer down and which is causing the memory issue with aca2011.  Is there a way to limited the undos?

We have raised the virtual memory to 2x the ram, but still having memory issues.

We have shut down at noon and dinner to clear out any autocad cache in the memory.

We have to limit the # of cad files are open to 2, windows explorer, outlook. no internet radio/streaming.

Computers are 32 bit systems either XP or Windows 7.

All XPs have 2 GB of Ram, which we know are low. We are looking at replacing these.

Windows 7 have 4gb of ram, 1 gb on video card.

Any thoughts on the undos or limiting the info center activity or memory?

thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: twox2

AutoCAD 2011 is a resouce beast that is choking in XP with 2Gig: increasing virtual memory I suspect is contributing rather than helping on those PCs.

I would suggest you simply turn off all the visual features of R2011, set it up to act like R2000: use the Classic Workspace if you do not actually use ACA or it's features but run it As AutoCAD only, use only ClassicLayer (set LAYERDLGMODE to 0), turn off any palette transparencies, turn off SHOWLAYERUSAGE variable, turn off SelectionCycling, Turn off ROLLOVERTIPS, turn off DYNMODE, turn off SAVEFIDELITY, set SAVE to R2010 format, turn off QPMODE, set HPDLGMODE to 1, set HPQUICKPREVIEW off, in Windows turn down the graphics display setting from 32bit to 16bit. Turn off background running apps (use Windows Task Manager).

Win7's 4Gig should be more adequate than XP and not crashing as XP, and you should not have to do much of anything other than turning off Win7's Aero theme.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost