AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update the solid fill

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
bzeone
11232 Views, 8 Replies

Unable to update the solid fill

Suddenly I can't use Solid hatch. I tells me "Unable to update the solid fill" when I try to change a hatch pattern to Soild. And when I try to Hatch with Solid it tells me "Unable to fill the boundary with solid". I'm hatching a basic PLine Rectangle (all corners joined). Worked fine yesterday.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
tdhauck
in reply to: bzeone

I have the same problem. What gives?
Message 3 of 9
bzeone

I still don't know what the problem was, but when I erased the rectangle and drew a new one, it hatched fine.
Message 4 of 9
vikramsimhmandlik

COPY THE AREA ON SIDE. HATCH IT. THEN COPY HATCH AT ORIGINAL PLACE. SEND IT BACK IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE CONTENTS. DELETE TEMPORARILY COPIED BOUNDARY.

Message 5 of 9

Sounds like you might have a case of polylines "looking" closed but not actually "being" closed!

If a polyline only looks closed then the first and last points will be the same.  If a polyline is actually closed it will have been drawn by clicking the penultimate point then pressing "C" or "Close" to close it.

Use the properties box to tell which your polyline is.  The Closed field is under the "MIsc" section.

dJE

Message 6 of 9

ERES LO MAXIMO !

Message 7 of 9
hector.aNKQX4

Under properties check if the selected Pline is closed.  Right click on the hatch and select Set Boundary. Do not erase the linework. This will reset your hatch to your PLine.  This is also a good way of updating hatched areas if the hatches are not set to be Associative.

Hatches can be troublesome at times. Good luck!

Message 8 of 9

Easiest way to 'fix' this, is to type 'BOUNDARY' command.  Pick a point within the area you intend to solid fill and recreate the boundary of that area.  Move the created boundary to one-side and you will be able to solid hatch this for some reason! Not really a fix but an easy get around. 

L

Message 9 of 9
herrey_david
in reply to: danellis2982

You´re so amazing, with just this, I solve it

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost