AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to uninstall Autocad Architecture 2010

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
pietrash33
614 Views, 3 Replies

Unable to uninstall Autocad Architecture 2010

I've been using Autocad 2010 for the last year. I recently changed secuirty software and now when I attempt to launch Autocad I get a flash of a start screen and the program refuses to launch. No warning/error messages, just no launch.

After attempting to uplift firewall restrictions with no success, I decided the best bet would be to uninstall and perform a reinstall of Autocad. However, when I go to the Control Panel to remove the Autodesk software, there is no program showing Autocad.

However, when I insert the install disc, it says the Autocad Architecture 2010 is already installed!

How can I successfully remove any/all components of Autocadto then successfully reinstall the software? Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jaich
in reply to: pietrash33

Search the ADSK site for the Clean Uninstall/Reinstall procedure.

Edit: And then make sure to add ACAD as an exception for your virus protection software.  It isn't Norton, is it?

Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: jaich

In another thread, the OP has identified Norton 360 v5 as the culprit for ACA not starting.

Message 4 of 4
jaich
in reply to: pendean

Seems that Norton is more trouble than it's worth.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost