AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to select text in paper space.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mrdavie
2579 Views, 4 Replies

Unable to select text in paper space.

I can select mtext in paper space to edit it. I can create a new text object and select it but I am unable to select existing mtext objects. Audit and recover does not eliminate it. Everything is at 0 elevation. The only to select it is to write block the entire drawing out. That gets sort of inconvenient. Is there a variable that is getting set like the imageframe variables that prevents me from select the text?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mrdavie
in reply to: mrdavie

I found discussion on this matter in the AutoCAD forum under the topic of "sticky text". How sad it is that the programmers at Autodesk can remain so absolutely silent about this bug. I am not surprised. It has been their MO as far as I can remember (early eighties).

Anyway, I was able to search for the text using "Find" in the edit menu and then replace it with a blank to get rid of this text.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

TTF font?
Locked layer?
Wrong space (inside or outside a viewport, the opposite of where you are)?

Post a sample DWG with this problem.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 4 of 5
mrdavie

The font is Ariel, the default font for the "Title-Normal" out of the box.
The layer is not locked.
Right space - paper space where other objects reside that are selectable.
I don't have a drawing to post because I fixed the problem by finding the text and replacing it with nothing, effectively eliminating the sticky text. When this problem occurs again I would be glad to send a sample directly to you but not post on the forum.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

An old thread I know, but I found the solution to be:

select layer the entity is on.

freeze and then unfreeze.

Worked for me - AutoCAD 2009 on Windows 7 Premium 64-bit.

Hope that helps someone in the world!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost