AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to save a view dwg in project manager

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
anniesball72
415 Views, 5 Replies

Unable to save a view dwg in project manager

I am running ACA 2011 x64. Recently I have been unable to save a view drawing in the project manager. When I press the save button it a window pops up telling me it cannot save the drawing in my project folder and saves it as a .tmp file.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Does the file already exist as a view drawing?

Or are you trying to save a drawing as a view drawing?

Are you the only user of this project?

Are there others maybe using this file?

Message 3 of 6

It is already a saved view drawing that was created inside of the project.

I am the only one working on this project and PC. The project is stored local to this PC.

Ian

Message 4 of 6

That is strange.

All I can suggest is to save the drawing outside of the project navigator, delete the original view drawing from the PN, and save the file from outside of the PN back as a view drawing. Hopefully it will solve the problem.

Message 5 of 6

It is doing it again.

Here is the message:

I'll try your suggestion.

Thanks

Message 6 of 6
David_W_Koch
in reply to: anniesball72

I have seen similar messages when trying to save a file (not using Project Navigator), but never to my local C: drive.  For me, it has always been when trying to save a file to a project that is hosted on a server located in a different office, and I have always blamed network latency issues for triggering the inability to overwrite the currently open file.  Usually, if I immediately try to save the file again, it works.  I would not expect that to be a problem saving to the computer's local hard drive.  Are you running many other programs at the same time, that might cause a delay or other timing issues?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost