AutoCAD Architecture General Discussion

AutoCAD Architecture General Discussion

Aidan.Garbutt
Message 11 of 12 (91 Views)

Re: UCS Face Problem

10-05-2012 04:23 AM in reply to: Leegmoser

thanks for the response Lee, but I don't quite know what you are suggesting.

In ACA2013 - UCS command gives:

UCS Specify origin of UCS or [ Face  NAmed OBject Previous View World X Y Z ZAxis]  <World>:

My problem is that Face does not work in ACA 2013 as it did in ACA 2010/11/12

regards Aidan

Aidan.Garbutt
Message 12 of 12 (71 Views)

Re: UCS Face Problem

10-12-2012 03:22 AM in reply to: Aidan.Garbutt

for anybody interested I have had a response from Autodesk Support which reads:

Thank you for choosing Autodesk Support. 

You are correct that in AutoCAD Architecture 2013 this behavior has changed and we have already reported this to our development team for further research. 

In AutoCAD Architecture 2012 and previous releases, the "Face" command (from the Ribbon > "View" tab > "Coordinates" panel) invoked the AECALIGNUCSTOFACE command. 

Now in AutoCAD Architecture 2013 the same button calls the VIEW command, which - as a standard AutoCAD command - will not work on AEC elements. 

As already mentioned, this has been reported to our development team. Development will further research on this and also assess if a product modification is necessary. Currently though I am not able to give you any further reliable information on this. 

As a workaround for the moment you can invoke the AECALIGNUCSTOFACE command from the command line - or change the macro behind the ribbon button manually using the "Customize User Interface". The correct command macro should be as follows:

^C^C_AecAlignUcsToFace 

I hope this helps - please advice if this resolves the issue for you or in case you are in need of any further assistance.

So, there we have it - a problem and a solution, regards Aidan

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.