AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two clicks required to execute ANY command

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
latte311
980 Views, 7 Replies

Two clicks required to execute ANY command

Morning all-

I have AutoCad on my laptop.

Recently I have been having an issue where, while using a USB mouse, I need to click twice to execute any command, even ones as simple as Line or Circle.

The first click does nothing at all, and the second click executes the command.

I have noticed, however, that if I am close to any Osnap point, a command usually works on the first click all of the time.

Also, if I use the laptop's touch pad, I have no issue.

I have replaced the mouse, used different USB ports than I usually use for the mouse, and have tried I think every variable command that I can find: PICKFIRST, PICKADD, DYNMODE, PICKAUTO, etc......

Someone mentioned to me that it sounds like a hardware issue, but tis laptop is only a few months old, so I doubt it's that.

Any suggestions, short of reinstalling AutoCad?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: latte311

If you use a corded mouse does the problem goes away? Test and find out, then you will have one answer possibly.

Message 3 of 8
latte311
in reply to: pendean

Yes, I always use a corded mouse.

Message 4 of 8
latte311

Let me clarify. I always use a corded mouse, so the connection to the laptop isn't the problem. All 3 that I have tried have all been corded.

Message 5 of 8
pendean

My mistake, I misread your USB item as a wireless mouse.

Are you using a mouse driver, or letting Windows run the mouse.

Message 6 of 8
latte311
in reply to: pendean

No problem.

If have not physically installed or searched for a mouse driver. When I first plugged the mouse in, Windows did the automatic install of hardware.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 8
bryce.thelin

It sounds like you may need to uninstall and reinstall AutoCAD. What operating system do you have and is it 32- or 64-bit? Also, what version of AutoCAD Architecture are you using?

The next thing that I would suggest doing is resetting AutoCAD to defaults. If you have ACA 2012 or 2013, you can do this through Start > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD Architecture > Reset Settings To Default. It will let you export your settings first, if you so desire.

After this I would test a diagnostic boot. That will shut off just about all background processes and is a good test to see if anything is conflicting with AutoCAD. If you are not familiar with MSCONFIG and needing to keep the FLEXnet Licensing Service turned on, I can step you through it.

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 8 of 8
latte311
in reply to: bryce.thelin

AutoCad Architecture 2012 with 64 bit Windows 7. I thought about reinstallin, but wondered if there was any other thing to try first. I did not know about restoring to default, but I will try that first. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost