AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Architecture 2008 - Apparent intersection not trimming

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
dficarra
9903 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD Architecture 2008 - Apparent intersection not trimming

Hi,

I'm using ACA 2008 and used to be able to pick two lines that didn't physically cross each other and use the trim command to trim them based on where they would cross if they extended to each other.  But it doesn't seem to do it anymore.

Best way I can describe it is it used to trim at the apparent interestion of where they would come to gether.  I'm sure there's some easy fix to this, just don't know where it's at.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

@dficarra for clarity Kevin.Palmer edited the original subject: Trim lines of "apparent" intersection???

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
leothebuilder
in reply to: dficarra

Set variable: Edgemode = 1

Message 3 of 9
dficarra
in reply to: leothebuilder

I love the easy fixes, worked fine.  Thanks Leo!

Message 4 of 9
Seychellian

Didn't work for me 😞
Message 5 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Seychellian

What part?
Post a DWG portion with the problem, point to what you tried and with what objects in the file, let's all text it for ourselves.
Message 6 of 9
Seychellian
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:
What part?
Post a DWG portion with the problem, point to what you tried and with what objects in the file, let's all text it for ourselves.

Hi Sorry for the ridiculously delayed response. apparently i didn't subscribe to the thread. See attached file.

Message 7 of 9
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Seychellian

Your two lines are not co-planar.  TRIM will not work on them.  You can grip edit the endpoint of the line to be trimmed and use the Apparent Intersection object snap override to get the endpoint of that line to move to the apparent intersection of the two lines.2017-11-04_TrimLines_Seychellian.png

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 8 of 9
jmoir
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Try to change Command: EDGEMODE from 0 to 1 this will work!!!

same when you like to extend aparent but not touching lines.

EDGEMODE=1

Message 9 of 9
rameshpatel74

i want trim 3dpoly using lips after trim last vertex marge on crossing 3dpoly Re: how trim to apparent intersection between two 3dpoly

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost