AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring text to another project

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
TrevorMclaren5417
288 Views, 6 Replies

Transferring text to another project

Hi.Could you please tell me how to transfer text (cover sheet) from one project to another. I opened legend and then put it on a sheet then went to transfer it to the next project and it wont except it.I will need the cover sheet for every project. Cheers Trev.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: TrevorMclaren5417

"...then went to transfer it to the next project and it wont except it..."

And how did you do that exactly?

COPY/PASTE

WBLOCK then INSERT

Copy over the Layouts

There are many ways to do this kind of stuff, but we need to understand what it is you tried first.

Message 3 of 7

If you mean a project as in using the Project Navigator, you should set up a project template with all your regular details (and cover sheet) pre-defined and start a new project using this template.

Your question and description is somewhat confusing.

Message 4 of 7
TrevorMclaren5417
in reply to: pendean

I made the cover sheet in legend by typing all the text etc, then I thought I could transfer that set of text to another job. Does that make a bit more sense sorry if I didn't explain it properly Cheers Trev.
Message 5 of 7
pendean
in reply to: TrevorMclaren5417

1. COPY/PASTE between files.

or

2. WBLOCK then INSERT commands in AutoCAD.

or

3. Copy over the Layout using ADCENTER from the original to the new file.

May I ask how long you've been using CAD (and forgive this next comment, it's only meant to be a question) and Windows software? You may need more help than we assume you do.

Message 6 of 7
TrevorMclaren5417
in reply to: pendean

I have been using revit for a while but some things I have had to work out myself through reading tutorials etc as I m a paraplegic and its hard to get to any of the seminars as I live in the country also but it is great to have people answer and solve my problems its very much appreciated. Thanks Cheers Trev.
Message 7 of 7

You are posting in the AutoCAD Architecture Discussion Group, which focuses on the AutoCAD Architecture product.  You will get better help with questions related to Revit from the Revit Architecture Discussion Group:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-Architecture/bd-p/133

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost