AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Layer Offset

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Nickrupp
604 Views, 5 Replies

Total Layer Offset

Hello. Is there a way to operate an offset to an entire layer?

I have a layer that has all the trees in the area. I want to do an 8 foot offset of every tree that is plotted. But there is like 2000 trees. Is there a command to do them all at once?

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
leothebuilder
in reply to: Nickrupp

Isolate the layer the trees are on and copy the lot at 8 feet in whatever direction.

Takes all of 2 seconds

Message 3 of 6
Nickrupp
in reply to: leothebuilder

Isolate the layer the trees are on and copy the lot at 8 feet in whatever direction.

Takes all of 2 seconds

So I isolated the layer. But I really don't know what you mean by copy the lot. I need to make cirlces with an 8 foot radius around all the trees . I appreciate your input. Thanks

Message 4 of 6
leothebuilder

Sorry....misunderstood your question. Thought you wanted to offset every tree 8 feet....e.g. copy and offset the copy by 8 feet.

Are your trees blocks ?

If so in the block editor add a circle at 8 feet diameter.

Message 5 of 6
Nickrupp
in reply to: leothebuilder

Well Im working with someone else's base file. All of the trees are numbered. About half of the trees have cirlces with the numbers inside.. The other half have just the numbers.

So yea I know I can do it the long way but I was just seing if there was a shorter way. I have other layers like the tree one I would like to find a shortcut for as well.

Message 6 of 6
leothebuilder

Not a simple shortcut.

I guess anything is possible but I figure that developing a lisp for this may take more time than editing the dwg file.

I've had the same problem and at times it's maybe best to create blocks with attributes and numbers to make this easier for future editing and data extraction.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost