AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool Palettes gone

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
walter
1625 Views, 4 Replies

Tool Palettes gone

I started AutoCAD Architecture 2008 yesterday and all my standard tool palettes are empty. I can change to the different workspaces and they are all blank. Only my tool palettes are gone. Toolbars and other menus appear to be o.k. I checked to see if the profile had been changed. It is still set to the default "AutoCad Architecture (Imperial US)" profile that I use. If I logon to the laptop as another user, their palettes are o.k. just my user settings seem to be corrupted. Anyone know how to fix this without a reinstallation?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: walter

Go to the pull down called "window" and then click "tool palettes". That should make the side bar pop back up. I closed mine accidentally and found it located in that menu.
Hope it works for ya!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Just reread your notice... Not sure if you meant the whole tool bar was blank or the actual tools in it are missing. I've had the toolbars disappear too, but it was a different work space than what I had set up my drawings/QNew sheet so they disappeared. Have you tried going through the custom menu and making sure the boxes are checked in that work space? Just like when you set up your icons? Right click over a blank are where your icons are and then click customize.
Message 4 of 5
GarryS

I have had my tool palettes disappear when I switched between imperial and metric profiles. The only solution is to open content browser and drag in the tool palettes you like. What I have done for laptop users is place any office network tool palette locations on their C: drive and then drag the tool palettes from their local drive. That way there will be no disconnect.
Message 5 of 5
lpankhurst1

AutoCAD Architecture 2011 - I have set all the settings that I can find to "metric" as well as "options - user preferences" to millimetres ... and the annotation scale at the bottom of the screen is still showing inches - how can I change this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost