AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool Palettes closes on ACA 2012 exit

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
caddman6425nah
839 Views, 8 Replies

Tool Palettes closes on ACA 2012 exit

Anybody else have the problem of the Tool Palette not staying docked when you shut down ACA 2012? I have to reload it every time.
--
Nick
AEC Design Services
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: caddman6425nah

Are you saving to your workspace after you "fix it"? Normally it is what you have to do when you change around screen objects.

If you answered yes, then your startup is replacing your profile/menu/workspace with a predefined one someone else decided you needed.

Post back and clarify.

Message 3 of 9
caddman6425nah
in reply to: pendean

OK, I bite. Never had to save workspace before, so this is new. I'll try that and get back to you. -- Nick
--
Nick
AEC Design Services
Message 4 of 9

Here is more info. If I close current project, and fix the tool palettes and shut down ACA and then restart, the Tool Palettes will be there. Then when I start the project (BTW, I don't know if this is a problem, but the project was started in ACA 2011) and then shut down aqnd restart, the tool palette won't be there. Do I have to save the workspace on every project? If so, never had to do that before. -- Nick
--
Nick
AEC Design Services
Message 5 of 9

FORGET IT!!!!!! Nobody knows, I guess.
--
Nick
AEC Design Services
Message 6 of 9
twallacemagee
in reply to: pendean

I do not know about the original poster but the problem I have is that it is NOT keeping the change.  If there is some hidden 'magic' button that has been added to R2012 then let us know because this is extremely annoying.

Message 7 of 9

I know this, cntl+3 starts it but I shouldn't have too
--
Nick
AEC Design Services
Message 8 of 9

HELLOOOOO! Anyone out there?????? Why doesn't automatically saving workspace changes work in 2012, always have to push Cntrl 3 to turn it on in start up. Plz help!!!!!
--
Nick
AEC Design Services
Message 9 of 9
alyman
in reply to: caddman6425nah

I just started having this issue as well. I first thought that I could just force the setvar to force the TPSTATE variable to '1' every time AutoCAD is opened, but it tells me that it ignored it or something. Any more ideas?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost