AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool Palette question

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
igroup.kskoog
932 Views, 4 Replies

Tool Palette question

I am creating new tool  palettes for lab equipment blocks. I was able to create a new palette and drag and drop blocks into it. When I go to create other palettes I am unable to drag and drop blocks into them. I am able to drag and drop into the tool palette I previously created and then drag and drop into the new palette. But when I shut off Autocad and ropen the new palettes disappear. How can I create a new tool palette and it works, then create other tool palettes and I can not drag and drop to it? I am using Autocad Architecture 2013. Thanks in advance.

Kory Skoog

CADD Technician

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Is this a new installation of AutoCAD, or have you had it for a while, and this just started happening?

Message 3 of 5

Installed in April 2012 with new computer. I have been able to create new tool palettes. Like I mentioned before, I created a tool palette and it worked then tried to create a new palette and it doesn't work all in the same day and session. Kory Skoog CADD Technician
Message 4 of 5
zalant
in reply to: igroup.kskoog

Please let us know what steps you're following.  

• How did you create the palettes (click-by-click)?
  • When dragging between palettes, describe your process there.  Which specific dialogs are being used?
  • Has this worked for you in previous ACA releases, or with this release on a different computer? 

If you'd like to insert/attach screen captures, that would be great.

Zac Travis
Message 5 of 5

Sorry for the really late reply. Here are the steps

1) Right click on tool palette and select "New Palette".

2) Rename palette.

3) Select block, from saved drawing file, to show grips. Drag, by holding down the left mouse button, to tool palette and shows as the attached image. (Black line on top of palette to show where it will be inserted).

4) Release left mouse button and nothing happens.

This is a new computer. I was able to create new palettes earlier with this computer and version of Architecture 2013. I also instaled service pack for Architecture 2013.

Kory

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost