AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
tdodd
187 Views, 2 Replies

Tool Menu

I found Autodesk's tutorial on rendering in ACA2009. After opening the tutorial cad file one of the first things it asks you to do is to click the menu browser/ click Tools/ click workspaces/ and click 3D modeling. The tool menu is missing, it does not show up in the menu browser or on the menu bar. i went to Menu load but did not find any menu which included the tool menu. I found the Workspace button on the Application Status bar and tried to switch work spaces that way and found the the 3D Model Workspace is not there either. How do I get the tool menu? How do I get the 3D model Workspace? Thanks, Todd
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mixtup
in reply to: tdodd

I wouldn't be overly concerned with finding the '3D Workspace'. I'm pretty sure all those tools are on the default dashboard, but if you don't have the 3D tools you need on your existing workspace, just right click on an existing toolbar to bring up the toolbar menu and add the 3D solids.
The only other difference is that you would have a grey background as opposed to black. This happens automatically when you are in an ISO (sw, se, ne, etc.) or parallel view anyway. You can select these from the 'view' pulldown or by invoking 3D orbit. (tip-if you use the middle mouse button to pan, hold shift+middle mouse button to orbit).

The 3D workspace you are looking just might be called 'Visualization' in ACA.. it's been a while since i've seen the default set up.
Message 3 of 3
tdodd
in reply to: tdodd

Great, thanks. I believe I have found all of the tools I need to run through he tutorial.

Does anyone out there have enough experience with the ACA 2009 Rendering engine to give me an idea as to how it would compare with Accurender? I am used to using accurender for renderings but they have not released a new version that is compatible with ACA 2009 yet. I am trying to figure out if it is worth my time to learn the out of the box software or just be patient for Accurender's new release.
All opinions are welcome - thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost