AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The tool cannot be found in the current workspace

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
dwi_it
5627 Views, 9 Replies

The tool cannot be found in the current workspace

I am recieving the error " the tool cannot be found in the current workspace" when clicking on the elevation callout tool under the annotate ribbon. How do I go about troubleshooting this issue?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
David_W_Koch
in reply to: dwi_it

Certain content-related ribbon tools work by running a referenced tool palette tool.  The out-of-the-box ribbon tools that do so reference a tool palette that should have been included in your workspace on installation, but which is not assigned to any tool palette group (other than the All Palettes group, of course).  You may fine the following blog article of interest:

http://architects-desktop.blogspot.com/2009/06/autocad-architecture-2010-ui-changes.html

If you want to know more about how these work, I wrote an AU Tech Talk article about how to create a Ribbon Tool in December of 2009.  You can find a link to that article here:

http://architects-desktop.blogspot.com/2009/12/aec-content-on-ribbon-au-tech-talk.html

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 10
mtrblt

same problem

in the annotaction ribbon all the tools w/in these panels:

scheduling

callouts

keynoting

brings up:

error.jpg

annoying

Message 4 of 10
mtrblt
in reply to: mtrblt

should also add that the problem is in both 2011 & 2012...

Message 5 of 10
dwi_it

We eventually solved this with a total uninstall / reinstall of AutoCAD. Still not sure of what caused the problem.

Message 6 of 10
DMulveyThermmax

ive tried the uninstall and reinstall and it didnt work

Message 7 of 10
mtrblt

reinstall worked on both 2011 & 2012.  thanks for the tip.

i used the autodesk reinstaller so it wasn't a hassle...just a bit of a wait.

Message 8 of 10
Base12

Dear Autodesk,

Thank you for making previous versions of your product still work after upgrading. Fortunately I am still able to meet my deadline by using obsolete, yet functioning software, instead of the expensive upgrade that doesn't work.

Brilliant plan!
Message 9 of 10
leonlo13

When clicking on a tool from the ribbon or the tool palette you get an error that states: Tool not found: The tool cannot be found in the current workspace. But when you check your workspace you are set to the correct one.

Tool cannot be found

When you get this message check to see if you are using the global profile or Architectural. Chances are you are using the Global profile which will give off this error for most of the tools and the tool palette as well.

This can be changed by closing the software and starting from the desktop icon with Metric or Imperial in the title. This can also be achieved by changing the profile within the Options dialog box > Profile tab and set imperial or metric to current.

Message 10 of 10
IDH-LA
in reply to: leonlo13

@leonlo13 wrote:

This can be changed by closing the software and starting from the desktop icon with Metric or Imperial in the title. This can also be achieved by changing the profile within the Options dialog box > Profile tab and set imperial or metric to current.

This solved the issue for me. Thanks, I really was worried I'd have to re-install the software.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost