AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text in Dynamic Block Not Reading Correctly When Mirrored

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
forseyc
1681 Views, 3 Replies

Text in Dynamic Block Not Reading Correctly When Mirrored

Attached is a dynamic block of a smoke/c.o. detector. I have a few of these on a floor plan and at times the entire floor plan needs to be mirrored. I would like the text itself to mirror as well so I don't have to select each dynamic block and mirror it again to read correctly.

I have mirrtext set to 0. I have read that creating attributes will solve this problem however I have created attributes in the dynamic block and I still cannot get it to read correctly when mirrored.

Anyone who can help me through this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
zalant
in reply to: forseyc

The behavior stems from your attributes being defined with the Constant property set to 'yes'.  When that is the case, the attribute text will mirror and not adjust to be readable.  I've attached a drawing to this post in which the block does what you want it to do, and the attributes are instead set to 'Preset'.

Additionally, I found another thread where this same kind of thing was discussed, and some sample file were attached to some of those posts.  Here is the link:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2006/Text-mirrored-within-blocks/td-p/1668869/highlight/true

Please post back here and let me know if the file I attached here behaves as you want.

Zac Travis
Message 3 of 4
forseyc
in reply to: zalant

Zach,

Thanks a lot - it works great.  I don't know how you did it as I tried all different things but couldn't get the result I wanted. Now I have to update all these "detector" blocks in all my base house files - any easy way to do that.  I'll do a little research too.

Thanks again

Message 4 of 4
zalant
in reply to: forseyc

Glad to hear that it works with preset attributes.  You could try ATTSYNC to update the existing instances of the block.  Alternately, if you have the Express Tools installed, there is one called BLOCKREPLACE, and that might work.  You'd probably need to rename the new one and use it to replace the old ones.

Zac Travis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost