AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Templates & Options in profiles

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Jleibold
451 Views, 2 Replies

Templates & Options in profiles

Hello All,

I've been given the task to setup templates for different disciplines (architectural, structural, MEP) in ACA.  How do I have each dwt file accessible, other than selecting the file thru "open"?  For example, Options | Files only allows one template setting for drawing & sheet.  If I am working on an architectural dwg, I open "new" & that template with all my styles, fonts, etc. load when I start.  Now I want to make a new dwg, but want to work on the plumbing, which has different fonts, dim. styles, tool palettes which I need to use another templace.  Now workspace changes the appearance, but the dwt file is the same when startup (have a switch to load profile).  Long story short, do I have to make a profile for each one with that dwt file in template setting for that said profile option?  The reason I'm asking is that some other employees are using vanilla autocad, am I'm not sure if the selecting profiles in options is the correct way to go..

Do I have the correct proceedure?

Please advise...

Also, there may be a transition from the ones who been using Autocad to Architecture, any tips from experience will be helpful...

Thanks in advance..

JLeibold

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dbroad
in reply to: Jleibold

I aplogize if I didn't read your question carefully enough.

The quick view toolbar button that looks like "NEW" is really "QNEW".  If you enter the "NEW" command, you will always be able to choose a template rather than having one assigned automatically.

If you want to always choose the template (and have the template vary), then under the profile settings, files tab, set the QNEW option to nothing.

If you want a different default template drawing for each profile, then set the QNEW template on a per profile basis.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 3
Jleibold
in reply to: dbroad

dbroad,

Yes I meant QNEW....

Ok, so it is either have a profile for each or leave the template setting in Files blank.....

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost