AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tabbed interface?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ochdx
483 Views, 6 Replies

Tabbed interface?

I always have several drawings open, and I wonder if there is any way to enable tabbed drawing windows, kind of like Firefox, Opera and IE have tabs for each open webpage. This would make switching between open files so much easier.

Also, alternatively, is there a way to make it so that everytime I open a .dwg file by double clicking on it, to make it open in a new instance of Architecture instead of existing one.

Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ochdx

"I always have several drawings open, and I wonder if there is any way to
enable tabbed drawing windows, kind of like Firefox, Opera and IE have tabs
for each open webpage. This would make switching between open files so much
easier."

*Big A and drawing history you can swith it to "opened documents" and switch
them that way. Or use control and tab keys

"Also, alternatively, is there a way to make it so that everytime I open a
.dwg file by double clicking on it, to make it open in a new instance of
Architecture instead of existing one."

*set SDI mode to 1
Message 3 of 7
KevinFielding

A few years ago there was such an Autodesk or Augi test add-on (can't remember which). The tabs where just below where the ribbon would be now.

It was a good idea but a little sluggish, if I recall, you could even reorder your tabs too.

Shame it never caught on. Maybe in future releases. I think quick view is over engineered and hence a little sluggish on some older machines.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

ochdx wrote:
> I always have several drawings open, and I wonder if there is any way to enable tabbed drawing windows, kind of like Firefox, Opera and IE have tabs for each open webpage. This would make switching between open files so much easier.
>
> Also, alternatively, is there a way to make it so that everytime I open a .dwg file by double clicking on it, to make it open in a new instance of Architecture instead of existing one.
>
> Thanks.
>

Set TASKBAR to 1.
Message 5 of 7
DianneS

You can use quick view drawings and it also displays the layouts. Hold the control key down while using your scroll wheel to resize.
Can use the push-pin icon to keep it open.
Message 6 of 7
DianneS

Can also access the Big A docs list by using ALT-F. Quicker I think than clicking the Big A.
Message 7 of 7
J.A.Mounteer

As always, Google is your friend.

http://autodesk.blogs.com/between_the_lines/2009/03/autocad-2010-free-bonus-tool-drawing-tabs.html

There are versions for 2009 and 2008 out there as well if you need those. Just search for "Tab Drawings Autocad " Most are called some version of MdiTabs.arx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost