AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronizing wall and door property sets - Need help!!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
BrianClarke
203 Views, 1 Reply

Synchronizing wall and door property sets - Need help!!

I work for a healthcare facility which has several fire and smoke walls throughout. I've created a library of the custom walls that are commonly used. Under the property sets for the walls I have created a box where the fire rating can be inputed.

Now, that I have the walls set up and I want to have the doors take on the fire wall properties of the wall they are placed in. For example, if I place a door in a 3 hour rated fire door I want the door to update its property sets to show that it too is supposed to be a 3 hour rated door. I have 1 hour, 2 hour, 3 hour, and smoke rated walls and I need my doors to update their properties automatically under the "Extended Data" tab of the properties menu.

Please help!!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: BrianClarke

What version of ACA are you using?  You should be able to add an Anchor property to a property set attached to the Door and have it read the fire rating property of the Wall to which it is anchored.

Complicating the issue is the fact that the required fire protection rating of an opening is often less than the fire-resistance rating of the partition in which the opening is located.  But if you do not need to get to that level of detail, then the Anchor property may work for you.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost