AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Style base Property Set Data & Using Lists

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
358 Views, 2 Replies

Style base Property Set Data & Using Lists

I have attached a property set definition to one of my Space Styles.  One of the property set definitions is a manual type where I am using a list to limit the types of options available for that property.  However when I create a space and then check the Property Set Data the manual property is set to the default and can not be changed on an individual object basis.

I am able to change the manual property definition when attaching the PSD to the Space in the Style Manager.  Do I need to add the PSD to the objects after they are created and then make the adjustment?

Tom

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The property set definition you created in the style manager, applies to styles and definitions on the Applies to tab. It can only be applied to your style. It would stay the same for all objects of that style. 

If you want be able to change it on an individual basis, it has to Apply to objects on the applies to tab. To attach this PSD to your object you would attach it using a tag or you can attach it by selecting it and using the extended data tab on the properties panel. There is a button on the bottom to attach or remove PSD's from objects. You can only add or remove PSDs that Apply to objects here. to add or remove a style based PSD you have to do that in the style manager. 

I hope that was what you are looking for.

Message 3 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

As t.eitelbach noted, style-based properties apply to all objects of that style, and cannot be edited on an object-by-object basis.  (Any change made will apply to all objects of that style.)  If you want each object to have its own, independent value, then you will need to have your list-type manual property in an object-based property set.

As

If, however, you want the vast majority of objects of a given style to have one value, and a relative few to vary from that, there is a way to have your cake and eat it, too.  Keep your list-type manual property in your style-based property set.  Create an object-based property set for the same object type (or edit an existing one), and add two properties there:  an "override" manual property, with a default value that would never be used as an actual value, and a formula property.  The formula property checks the value of the override manual property.  If it remains at the default value, it passes through the value of the style-based list-type manual property.  If the override value has been set to some other value, the formula property passes through the override value.  Use the formula property for your schedule tables and schedule tags.

You can find a more detailed explanation (with screen captures) and a link to an example file (done in ACA 2009) ..., if you are interested.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost