AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stupid question about changing lengths

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
265 Views, 2 Replies

Stupid question about changing lengths

I find this really hard to explain but I had been using Architectural Desktop 2005 for a few years and recently made the switch to Architecture 2008. Here's an example of the difference that I can't fix:

Say I have a polyline that's 4' in length and I want to change it to 5'..

Before, I would grab one end, move my cursor in the direction to lengthen it, and just type 12" and hit enter. It would extend the line 12".

Now if I do that, it changes the length of the polyline to 12", I would have to enter 5' instead. This is all well and dandy, but when I'm lengthening something (or shortening) and I don't know the length of the line it's definitely a pain.

1 other simple issue:

I can't seem to get the coords to change to show footage as I'm extending a line ( bottom left hand corner of window ). It just shows 1.70352+E5 and such instead of 1'-11.5". coords 0,1 and 2 do not change it.

Thanks in advance for your help guys, I'm definitely a n00b at this program and I'm not using it to even 1/100th of its potential and I'm envious of your skills and knowledge 🙂

Thanks
Tom
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
KathyMoffa
in reply to: Anonymous

If Dynamic Input is toggled off, you can lengthen a line like you used to. If Dyn is on, you need to press the tab key to cycle through the options. The current option will be highlighted in blue. For the second problem, you need to change your Drawing Units.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you so much, I was able to change the first one easily but the second one, I'm not sure what to change it to...

Just figured it out.. I had to move the UCS to close to my drawing. It was so far away that the dimensions were getting funky.

Thanks!!! Edited by: 7oM on Feb 21, 2010 3:23 AM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost