AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stuck workspace

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
462 Views, 7 Replies

stuck workspace

Hello,

I'm having situation and need help.

I switched my workspace from architecture to autocad ( i was doing a lot of down & dirty 2d drafting and like the ease of finding certain tools)

Now the  workspace is stuck on autocad.  Even when I select Architecture>apply>okay.  nothing changes.

Tried reset, nothing.

Now what?

Thanks for any suggestions.

JM

ACA 2011, Win7 x64

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
leothebuilder
in reply to: Anonymous

Try changing profiles....

Options - Profiles tab

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: leothebuilder

that is what is stuck.

I select the profile but nothing changes.  it remains autocad.

Message 4 of 8
leothebuilder

Do have a "architecture" and "autocad" workspace ?

(profile and workspace are not the same)

Try the "cog" button at bottom right of your screen?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

the little cog is a nice shortcut to workspace switching and the profiles tab of options.

At the profiles tab I have the following workspaces: Autocad, Autocad Architecture (imperial), Autocad Architecture (metric).

The cog - expanded offers: 2D drafing & annotation, 3D basic, 3D modeling, Autocad classic, save current as.., workspace settings, customize.

Message 6 of 8
leothebuilder

Have you tried switching to any of the other workspaces to see if that works?

otherwise, if you can't change workspaces, and you can't change profiles I am at a loss.

Reboot the pooter?

Repair Installation?

Complete reinstall?

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

The two work spaces I've tried ACA and standard ACAD, but haven't tried the metric cause I figure I'd be

stuck deeper in it.

I have rebooted, i've whacked it a few times....nothing.  so I guess a repair install, then the full meal deal.

cant' wait for the fun that will bring.

Thanks for trying!

JM

Message 8 of 8
KathyMoffa

I had problems with corrupting profiles from the time I first downloaded ACA 2010 for evaluation.    The profile is an ARG file and isn't like the cui which creates a bak file, so if it's corrupted and you don't have a backup, the only choice is to edit the registry (with the help of Autodesk Support) or reinstall.  So, here is what I learned from my experience.  First, when you install a new version of ACA, IMMEDIATELY go to Options/Profiles and create a new profile from the existing ones.   Next,  IMMEDIATELY copy each of the profiles to a safe location (CD, server).  Next,  IMMEDIATELY get out of ACA and make a copy of the ACA shortcut and point it to your new profile.   From that point on, use only your new shortcut to open ACA.     I'm currently using 2012, and have only had to retrieve my backup profile once with this version, but I became quite proficient at the process in 2010 and to a lesser degree in 2011.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost