AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural members - The plot thickens

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Oilymo
289 Views, 3 Replies

Structural members - The plot thickens

Further to my previous post I've been looking into this problem and think I have the answer (not that I have the solution).  We have always generated our structural members from the top down i.e. from the gutter to the ground off of the generated elevations.  This method was always fine in ACA 2009 however now for some reason in ACA 2012 the cut plane is being displayed incorrectly.

I have attached two drawings, one in ACA 2009 and one in ACA 2012 and both have the same two rainwater pipes displayed.  The first is drawn using a polyline from Z0mm upwards and the second from Z4875mm downwards and you can clearly see the display issue on the right hand pipe (on plan) in ACA 2012.  It appears to be related to the start point of the polyline and the resulting SM elevation.

Can anyone help me shed some light on this and why the right hand pipe in ACA 2012 is not being cut at 1400mm and how to solve the problem.

All help gratefully received.

Kind regards

Ben

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jmcintyre
in reply to: Oilymo

You always need to draw structural columns from the bottom up.

Message 3 of 4
Oilymo
in reply to: jmcintyre

jmcintyre - really??!!??  You're joking right, this isn't the answer.

We've been using this method of making rainwater pipes since ADT 2005 and somewhere between ACA 2009 and ACA 2012 someone at ADesk HQ decides to tweak a small portion of code (see my previous post regarding wall display below cut plane) and we have to completely rework in excess of 1200 jobs.  No way.

Can someone from technical support please look at this as surely it doesn't matter whether a structural member is drawn from the cut plane should still represent that set in the display configuration.

Ben

Message 4 of 4
jmcintyre
in reply to: Oilymo

I opened the file is 2010 and they both displayed identically, but I've always (since R3.3) had to draw structural members (which I also use for down pipes) from the base up, or odd display issues would occur.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost