AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural members not displaying correctly ACA 2009 to ACA 2012

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Oilymo
267 Views, 7 Replies

Structural members not displaying correctly ACA 2009 to ACA 2012

We've just started using ACA 2012 and have noticed when importing files created in ACA 2009 that structural members do not display properly.  We use the structural column or beam to represent a rainwater or soil pipe and are expecting to see a cut through at the cut plane and nothing else however we are getting a couple of lines that represent the crank in the pipe and I cannot turn them off.  I'm sure that a setting has been introduced somewhere however after two weeks of looking I am still in the dark.  Can anyone help?

I've attached a file created in ACA 2009 that displays the problem in ACA 2012

Many thanks

Ben

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
leothebuilder
in reply to: Oilymo

I've just opened your file in ACA 2012 and I do not see any structural members.

The soil pipes you mentioned appear to be polylines

Message 3 of 8
Oilymo

Leo,

Thanks for the prompt response, the soil pipes are polylines but the rainwater pipes are not, these are the ones that are causing problems.  Being a tad lazy here because the soil pipes are internal there is no need to show them as a solid element.

Thanks

Ben

Message 4 of 8
leothebuilder

Looked at the rain water down pipes, yes you're correct, the cranck and the piece above the cut plain are visible

whilst the actual down pipe is not (plan view)

I've tried but I can figure out why.

(I like your roof edge style with the gutter)

Message 5 of 8
KathyMoffa

Look at the Display Manager/Represenetations by Objects/Structural Members.  The Plan Low Detail has no cut plane component, and it displays the gutter downspout.  The other plan configurations all have cut plane components that are all turned off.

Message 6 of 8
Oilymo
in reply to: KathyMoffa

kathy,

Thank you for the reply.  Unless I missing something the rainwater pipe is on the Medium Detail display rep and not the Low Detail.

Can you expand a little on your response please.

Kind regards

Ben

Message 7 of 8
KathyMoffa

I noted that you had no overrides checked ,  so I tried the other OOTB plan display reps just to see if the gutter showed on any other plan rep.    I then checked the Diplay Manager to see why it was showing in Low Detail but not the others, which is why I pointed you in that direction. 

Message 8 of 8
Oilymo
in reply to: KathyMoffa

Kathy,

I don't mean to be "stupid" about this issue but this drawing displays fine in 2009 however when opened in 2012 we get the cut plane at the wrong height (it would appear).  What I am looking for is the solution to this and to make the cut plane 1400mm (as per the Medium Detail display rep) but cannot find out how.

Many thanks

Ben

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost