AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stairs & Display Reps

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
BBP-Arch
356 Views, 2 Replies

Stairs & Display Reps

ACA2011

So, I just had an "Aha" moment discovering the Presentation display. The poche becomes solid, etc. and it's really useful. So I started seting up views and a presentation sheet and the party was going great...

Then...

I'm doing a 2-story plan. The stairs are their own construct and show graphically how I want whether I use the Medium Detail Upper on the 2nd Floor Plan or the Medium Detail Lower for the 1st Floor Plan.  Now, when I use the Presentation display, there is no distinction between upper and lower displays. Now what? The display would be Presentation in both the upper and lower floor plans, so I can't change them in the Stair construct to be one way or the other. And as I understand it, if I were to try to go to the Display Manager (where mortals dare not go) and create new displays, I assume I've got to have them added to all entities, etc. so that I wind up w/ a Presentation Upper and a Presentation Lower. Really?

Help?

Thanks, Scott

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: BBP-Arch

Sounds like you know what you have to do.

I would do the following:

1.  Make two copies of the Presentation Display Configuration, renaming one for Upper and one for Lower.

2.  Now look at the Display Representation Sets that are used in the Display Configurations that show your stairs correctly (Upper and Lower), specifically making note of the Display Representations that are turned on for Stairs in each.

3.  Note the Display Representation Set that is active for the top view in the Presentation Display Configuration.  Make two copies of this, one for Upper and one for Lower.

4.  Edit the Display Representations that are active for Stairs in the new Presentation Upper and Presentation Lower Display Representation Sets created in Step 3, matching the Upper and Lower settings of which you made note in Step 2.

5.  Edit the Display Configurations you copied in Step 1, for Upper and Lower, assigning the new Display Representation Sets you edited in Step 4 (Upper and Lower) to the corresponding Display Configuration.

OK out of Display Manager to save your edits.  Save your drawing file.  Test the new Display Configurations to verify they show what you want shown.  If so, use Display Manager to copy the new Display Configurations to your template file.  Back everything up so that you never have to do this again - or at least not until you move on to Reflected Ceiling plans and need to show the stairs correctly there, too.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
BBP-Arch
in reply to: BBP-Arch

That did it thanks!

BTW, am I the only one that uses a single stair for a project? I thought that's what the beauty of constructs, levels & display reps was for!

Scott.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost