AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stacked walls in AutoCAD Architecture

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
evanf
866 Views, 4 Replies

Stacked walls in AutoCAD Architecture

Hi All,

I have been checking out Revit recently and I have found the stacked walls to be very useful. Has anybody found any easy wasy of creating these in AutoCAD Architecture? I have been manually stacking wall styles to create this effect. It looks fine in 3D but when a less experienced user attempts to revise the drawings it ends up in a mess! (for example a wall gets moved in plan view but the wall above the cut plane is not moved.... after a few revisions the drawing becomes a mess!)

Obviously stacked walls don't exist to the same extent as Revit but I would be open to more efficient suggestions to the aboev option!

Thanks,

Evan

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: evanf

Components of ACA Walls do not have to run from Wall Bottom to Wall Top.  You can have a single wall style that has different components "stacked" on top of each other, such as an exterior wall that has a masony exterior component running from Wall Bottom to 3'-4" above Wall Baseline, and then some other exterior component (stucco/EIFS/siding) from 3'-4" above Wall Baseline to Wall Top.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 5
evanf
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. That sounds like the optimum solution! I might play around with the walls styles and see how it works for me. Are you aware of any tutorials which include this?

Evan

Message 4 of 5
leothebuilder

See attached PDF from Autodesk University which has a section about stacked walls.

Message 5 of 5
evanf

Thank you! Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost