AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

splitting up fascia condition from roof slab when linked to 3d studio max

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
apgdrafting
367 Views, 2 Replies

splitting up fascia condition from roof slab when linked to 3d studio max

I have been trying to figure out how to seperate the fascia condition (premade or custom) from the roof slab for rendering purposes. ultimately it is so i can render it as a seperate material than roof slab without having to edit faces and or break up the object. Is there a way to do this so it comes into 3d studio max as seperate objects already like the windows and doors come in. I would appreciate any help any of you might have and hope there is a way to make my life easier.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sjb3d
in reply to: apgdrafting

In the Edge Styles, you can set different Materials for different styles. Doesn't this work when bringing it in to 3d Studio Max? I thought that was the point of Materials.
Message 3 of 3
SMILES
in reply to: apgdrafting

Yes, the way I control it is through layers.  Create a Fascia layer, and then after you applied fascia to the roof slab, edit the roof slab style.  Go to display properties, and check the "Style Overide box" for Model.  Edit display properties and un-check the box "Material" Box.  Select the "0" layer and change it to the fasica layer you created earlier.

Now when you import to 3Dmax, you can select the fascia component via the layer tool and apply materials.

This also works good for different wall coverings on one wall style, railing styles, basically any styles that you want to be able to control components independently via layers.

Thanks,

Steve Miles

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost