AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spaces: Voids

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
BBP-Arch
1580 Views, 1 Reply

Spaces: Voids

Sorry...forgot to ask my 2nd question in the last post:

I had an area I'm trying to remove from my space...essentially 4 walls creating a large box column that I don't want counted in my footage. I created a PLine around it and then added an Interference Condition to the space which removed it graphically, but did not remove the footage from the space properties. I tried clicking on the Remove Void button on the Space and it tells me to click inside the void. I click inside the 4 column walls and nothing happens.

So...how do I remove a void or create an intereference in the space so that it's footage is removed?

Thanks,

Scott

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: BBP-Arch

Select the Space, right click and choose AEC Modify Tools > Subtract from the context menu.  Select the polyline(s) you wish to remove from the Space, and press ENTER.  Indicate whether or not you wish to retain the polylines and press ENTER.  Area within the polylines will be removed from the Space.

If you have a closed ring of Walls, you need not draw a polyline around them, you can just select the Walls as the defining linework.  Other linework will also work, provided that it forms a closed boundary.  For rectangular areas, instead of selecting objects, you can press ENTER without selecting any objects, and then indicate the opposite corners of a rectangular area to be removed from the Space.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost