AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
bernardb
203 Views, 2 Replies

space

hello
how a multiview block will retrieve data from two different bunk space

thank you

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: bernardb

In the future, it will be helpful if you indicate the version of ACA you are using.  The file you posted was in the 2007 format, so I assume you are using ADT 2007, ACA 2008 or ACA 2009.  I do not have any of those on this computer, but I did take a look at your file in ACA 2013.

If I understand your question correctly, you would like one Multi-View Block to read data from two different Spaces.  I do not believe that is possible.  You might be able to daisy-chain the data from one Space into a second Space and then from the second Space into the Multi-View Block, if the Spaces did not overlap.  But in your sample file, it appears that you have a large Space with a smaller Space completely within the boundaries of the larger one, and the Multi-View Block is then placed within the area of the smaller Space.  If both Spaces are at the same elevation, you will not be able to control from which Space the location grip on the Multi-View Block will read.

Does the intermediate object have to be a Space?  Could you use some other AEC object, and read the Space data into that object via Location properties, and then anchor your Multi-View Block to the intermediate object via Anchor properties?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
bernardb
in reply to: David_W_Koch

hello
yes i can use another object aec.
  but I can not be operated between the anchor object aec
an example anchor multiview block?
thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost