AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space Object Constraints

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
75ironhead
724 Views, 6 Replies

Space Object Constraints

New to ACA 2011. What constraints can be used on space objects? I have line work columns and walls in my current project that define the space. is there a way to make a space bound by more then just walls so if I move any thing in the construct the Space plan will update when opened?

I've been trying to find tutorials to explain tools such as spaces with not much luck.

Todd

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JustoAg
in reply to: 75ironhead

Every geometry object (not only AEC) should has a " bound space " property set by default. Spaces created by generating should update (right clic menu) when these geometry change.

Hope this helps.

Justo Aguiar.

Message 3 of 7
75ironhead
in reply to: JustoAg

The space tool is not recognizing my xref as entities when I select it. Do I have to use the space in the floor plan construct?

Message 4 of 7
JustoAg

Xrefs also have the bound space property set to YES by default. Try Space -> Add -> Create -> Generate. It should mark a fine red line in every closed area you cursor move to, picking in it generate a space no matter if it is an Xref as long as it is a closed area.

Justo Aguiar.

Message 5 of 7
75ironhead

When I right clk to "show boundary objects" it only shows the aec walls? All line work or closed poly lines do not show. Even if I create a simple closed polyline it will not generate a space.

Message 6 of 7
JustoAg

You need to set the bound space property of the objects you plan to conform space to YES in the property palette. Then when you invoque the command _AecSpaceShowBoundingObjects It will show you only those who can perform a space object. Make sure your PLINES are really closed (check it in the property palette).

Other than this... I wouldn't know.

------

Justo Aguiar.

Message 7 of 7
75ironhead
in reply to: JustoAg

That was it. The Advanced tab was collapsed on the property palette and coming from ADT 2004 there's a LOT of new features I don't know exist yet.

Thank you!!!

Todd

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost