AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space Not Found in door schedule

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
dtobin88
911 Views, 7 Replies

Space Not Found in door schedule

We recently upgraded from ADT 2006 to ACA 2014.  This issue has only shown up in ACA.  We create constructs and place the spaces and doors in the constructs.  We then create schedules in their own view and reference back to the construct.  Everything is correct in the view.  When we xref the scheules into a sheet they show up correct.  We then save the file and close it.  Next time we open the sheet, the schedule shows space not found for all of the doors.  I feel pretty proficient with the program but this one has me stumped.  Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
David_W_Koch
in reply to: dtobin88

Are you placing the Door Schedule in a View file and then scheduling the Construct as an external drawing?  Or are you creating a Construct that applies to one or more floors, and then adding a Door Schedule that schedules the doors in the external references in the View file?

I created an admittedly small sample project in ACA 2014 and created a Door Schedule using both of those methods (with out-of-the-box templates and content), and I cannot reproduce your issue.  Was your project created in ACA 2014, or did you start it in ADT 2006?  If the latter, have all files been opened and saved in 2014?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 8
dtobin88
in reply to: David_W_Koch

When we first purchased ADT 2006 I modified an out of the box schedule to create our own door and room schedules. I create a new view called Schedules and then insert the door and room schedules in it. I then link the schedules back to the construct that has the doors and spaces in them. I use a wildcard *door. Our doors are on the A-Door layer. This is happening with a one floor construct so it is not confusing multiple floors of doors. I have attached a pdf of the "Schedules" view and the sheet view that has the error. To create our sheets, we xref the schedule view into the model space of the sheet and then create an mview window for the schedule.

This issue has only shown up since we purchased ACA 2014 in February. We never had this in ADT 2006. If I can't find a simple fix I may just recreate the schedule from 2014 out of the box schedules. This only happens with the doors. The rooms seem to work fine.

Thank you for your time and help with this issue.

David Tobin, AIA
RON HOBBS ARCHITECTS
614 West Main Street, Suite 200
Garland, Texas 75040
972-494-0174

www.ronhobbsarchitects.net
Message 4 of 8
VitalyF

Hi,

You have created several floors in one construction?
Table should refer to View.
You can collect a few floors in the "Master file" on the Views tab
In the "Master file", create Schedule tables to one or more floors, create model view,
drag it on sheets

Vitaly

Message 5 of 8
David_W_Koch

Your PDF is not attached.

Are you using Project Navigator to do the external referencing, or are you not using Project Navigator and manually creating the external references?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 6 of 8
Victoria.Studley

Hi dtobin,

To cover a couple of bases, do the following suggestions force the schedule the update correctly for you?

• Update the schedule manually.
  • Use the OBJRELUPDATE command to try to force the schedule to update.
  • Select the schedule, right-click, and select "Update Schedule Table".
  • Check for file corruption at the Sheet, View, and Construct level (the first six steps are a good quick check).

I'd also like to know:

• Does this only happen to schedules that were created in ADT 2006?
  • Does this happen in every project? With every schedule? Or only some?
  • What happens if you create the schedule with the ACA 2014 out-of-the-box tools?
  • Are you dragging the View to the Sheet, or attaching it using the XREF manager?
  • If you drag the View to the Sheet, does the issue still occur?

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 7 of 8
Gary_J_Orr

Off the top of my head... The newer version of Project Navigator may be changing your xrefs from "attach" to "overlay" at one or more of the multiple levels required in the Constructs -> views -> sheet structure...

If such is the case then, when the drawing gets reopened and regenerates the schedule, it can't find the linked information becuase the link gets left behind somewhere along the way.

Going through the PN levels of links and verifying that all reference files are making it to the final view may resolve your issue ( a quick test, open the sheet view where the schedule is and see it the base plans are xrefed into it as they would need to be for the schedules to be able to read the linked data).
Gary J. Orr
(Your Friendly Neighborhood) CADD/BIM/VDC Applications Manager
http://www.linkedin.com/in/garyorr

aka (current and past user names):
Gary_J_Orr (GOMO Stuff 2008-Present); OrrG (Forum Studio 2005-2008); Gary J. Orr (LHB Inc 2002-2005); Orr, Gary J. (Gossen Livingston 1997-2002)
Message 8 of 8
dtobin88
in reply to: Gary_J_Orr

I tried a few of these but nothing worked.  It appears that there is some bug between what was created in ADT 2006 and trying to use it in ACA 2014.  I have had other issues with office created content from 2006 not working properly in 2014.  For instance I had to re-create our standard room tag and re-import the wall section markers and the elevation markers into our custom tool catalog in Content Browser.

For the schedule, it was quicker to just re-create it in ACA 2014.  The door schedule is defined in my AEC_Model template file.  I created a new view and inserted the out of the box schedule.  The out of the box schedule and my door schedule have the same name so when I insert the out of the box schedule it automaticlly matches the settings in my template file, so everything is correct.  I then saved that to my custom tool catalog.  I have used it since then and it appears to be working just fine now.

Thank you everyone for your input and help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost