AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space evaluation: XLS Template also reading space property set data?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
peter.menken
655 Views, 2 Replies

Space evaluation: XLS Template also reading space property set data?

Hi,

after discovering zones and the space evaluation tool I wonder whether it is possible to customise the XLS output further by also reading out information from a property set attached to the space?

Scenario as follows:

The office standard is to have a property set attached to each space that defines a room number (which is the level ID plus a number, say G-01), the area and the space name.

We used to simply schedule the areas with a schedule table. That only gives us net rooms, no subtotals per department (or say per flat) and no grandtotal.

So we got as far as using zones grouping the spaces in each flat.

Now I need an area schedule XLT template that also displays the room number from the space's property set and the schedule grouped in a fashion that I get subtotals per flat (=my zones) in another column and a grandtotal.

Playing with the Space evaluation tool I seem to only ever get Room/ zone names and their areas.

Does anybody know a good tutorial expanding on this and creating XLT templates?

Thanks in advance, much appreciated.

Peter

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

The Autodesk University Online Classes are a great resource for all kinds of tutorials. 

According to your problem description, you may find the following classes helpful:

AB114-5 Real-World AutoCAD® Architecture Schedule Use: How to Create Custom Schedules That Work for You and Your Company 2009 AutoCAD Architecture Lauren Stassi No Rating
AB118-2 Schedule Anything in AutoCAD® Architecture or AutoCAD® MEP, Part 1 2009 AutoCAD Architecture    Matthew Dillon  
AB122-1 Schedule Anything in AutoCAD® Architecture or AutoCAD® MEP, Part 2 2009 AutoCAD Architecture   Matthew Dillon  
AB327-2 Real-World AutoCAD® Architecture Schedule Use: Tips and Tricks to Make Schedules Work for You! 2010 AutoCAD Architecture     Lauren Stassi  
AB4026-L Schedule Anything in AutoCAD® Architecture or AutoCAD MEP 2011 AutoCAD Architecture    Matthew Dillon  
AB419-5L Schedule Anything in AutoCAD® Architecture or AutoCAD MEP 2010 AutoCAD Architecture    Matthew Dillon  
AB430-3 The Ultimate Door Schedule in AutoCAD® Architecture 2010 AutoCAD Architecture Paul Aubin  
AB4739 Code Analysis in AutoCAD® Architecture 2011

Holger Klöcker
Message 3 of 3

Thanks.

This is what I know so far, now I need some help on what I think is the next step: using zones for my area schedule and collecting data with the space evaluation tool and manipulating the Excel templates for that.

I basically want to end up having an area schedule with subtotals per flat and per floor and a grandtotal at the bottom.

I haven't found anything to that respect in the AU yet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost