AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space Evaluation Report - Perimeter to Feet

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mjohnson
346 Views, 2 Replies

Space Evaluation Report - Perimeter to Feet

Useing Autocad Architecture 2014, up to date.

When I print the Evaluation Report of a space the Perimeter is in Inches - I need to create the report so Perimeter is in Feet.

I have tried Manipulating Property Set Definitions, Drawing Units, Data Format Styles, Evaluation Options...I can set the general Drawing Units to Decimal and Feet, but you have to rescale your model.  I thought the Data Format Style would override the general Drawing Units.. but it doesn't seem to work quite like i want it to.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Victoria.Studley
in reply to: mjohnson

Hi Matthew,

It appears that if you are exporting the Space Evaluation to an Excel spreadsheet, the units display in the units of the drawing. This is controlled from the Application Icon > Drawing Utilities > Drawing Setup > Units tab > Drawing Units. If you change this to Feet instead of Inches, the data exported to Excel is displayed in Feet, however still in decimal.

You can avoid this issue altogether by exporting the Space Evaluation to a TXT document instead of an Excel Spreadsheet.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 3 of 3
mjohnson
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

It just seems like you should be able to override the general drawing units so you dont have to rescale your model to get a correct read out in Excel.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost