AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

snap sensetivity 2012

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sammyd0427
344 Views, 4 Replies

snap sensetivity 2012

My snap works most of the time.  Or it used to.  I've been on 2012 for two weeks now and it seems like my mouse will not snap to a point at an intersection, or midpoint or anything, UNLESS I zoom in real close, and then it will acknowledge the snap.  It's extremely ineffecient when I have to zoom into points to get an exact hit.  I'm wondering if I can change a setting or if I have a glitchy computer or installation of 2012.  Nobody else in my office seems to be having this issue and it's strange it worked fine for the first 2 weeks and not no longer works as it did.  Any thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: sammyd0427

I am not certain this is the problem, but could you (or a custom program) have set APERTURE to a very small value? That would limit the area through which objects would need to pass in order for them to be found by Object Snap, although you should still be able to get them to work unless you have a very jumpy mouse.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 5
sammyd0427

Thanks- i checked that already.  Sometimes it picks points right away, but most of the time, i have to zoom in to grab it and then zoom out to complete my task.  I checked that setting and the speed of my mouse too.  Also checked the marker is on.

Message 4 of 5

Is it like that only with AEC objects or any kind of linework? I've noticed that ACA lags when you snap on 3D AEC objects, especially walls but is quick as can be with regular linework.

Message 5 of 5
sammyd0427

I can't be sure.  I just removed and reinstalled AutoCAD and it works okay now...for now. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost