AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slab Hatch in Plan View

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
siggib
1761 Views, 8 Replies

Slab Hatch in Plan View

I am working with slabs/roof slabs. I am trying to show a Plan Hatch (Surface Hatch) in top view. I tried everthing possible editing the display settings for the slab style. The plan hatch will not show up in a top view but surface hatches show in model views.
I set all display settings for material definition to visible as well as checked all "surface hatch placement" under the "other" tab.
I also set all display properties for display representation Plan View to visible.
Still no hatch in top view.

What am I doing wrong ?
Thanks
SB
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: siggib

I never got it either.  Only way I could get
it to show was to lower the cut plane and use the plan hatch.

Can't tell you why.  I still don't get
it.

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
I
am working with slabs/roof slabs. I am trying to show a Plan Hatch (Surface
Hatch) in top view. I tried everthing possible editing the display settings
for the slab style. The plan hatch will not show up in a top view but surface
hatches show in model views. I set all display settings for material
definition to visible as well as checked all "surface hatch placement" under
the "other" tab. I also set all display properties for display representation
Plan View to visible. Still no hatch in top view. What am I doing wrong ?
Thanks SB
Message 3 of 9
sjb3d

Go to the Display Manager and select the Set you are using in your Display Representation (most likely Plan from the sounds of it). Select the Display Options tab and then, at the bottom of the tab, uncheck the Hide Surface Hatching box. This will get your slab hatching on, but it may also turn on surface hatching in other objects you may not want. If that is the case, you may want to create a new Set to use for slabs (e.g. Plan-Slab) that is different than the standard Plan used on other objects.
Message 4 of 9
jmcintyre

Can you post a sample and let us know which version you're using?
Message 5 of 9
siggib

In this case, the problem I am referring to is a roof plan. On this roof plan a walkway with Aluminum Canopy and Standing Seam Sheeting is surrounding the main building. The idea is to also have hatching representing the metal decking in top view of this roof plan. Ideally the Slab Style would be edited to show the correct hatch. This is not about getting it done quickly for production, we want to know if this can be done. I am working at a technical college, the file has an educational plotstamp.

The canopy on the right should have a pattern as the one on the left, which was drawn in with lines.
Message 6 of 9
ToanDN

As Nathan said, you can overide the slab style cut plane to show the plan hatch.
For roof plan, what you might want to try is to create horizontal section. That should be taking care of the surface hatch.
Message 7 of 9
sjb3d

> {quote:title=siggib wrote:}{quote}
> In this case, the problem I am referring to is a roof plan. On this roof plan a walkway with Aluminum Canopy and Standing Seam Sheeting is surrounding the main building. The idea is to also have hatching representing the metal decking in top view of this roof plan. Ideally the Slab Style would be edited to show the correct hatch. This is not about getting it done quickly for production, we want to know if this can be done. I am working at a technical college, the file has an educational plotstamp.
>
> The canopy on the right should have a pattern as the one on the left, which was drawn in with lines.
Did modifying the settings in Display Manager not work for this?
Message 8 of 9
siggib

I am not to familiar with changing settings in the Display Manager, I will have to look into that.
Thanks Edited by: siggib on Jun 24, 2009 2:02 PM
Message 9 of 9
nashvillejohn

Same issue - but just needed a full roof with hatches.
I pulled the roof model into a view.
In that view I rotated the Xrefs 90 degrees forward - so when viewed from "front" the top of the roof is visible.
Then created a 2d elevation. Used the auto generated tool and threw out east, west and north sides.
The elevation can then be dropped on a sheet - hatching will match your other elevation sheets.

Not sure if this will work with walls too... but filled my need.

John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost