AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcut menus (main CUI) vs Enterprise SC menus

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
arkitek2s
351 Views, 3 Replies

Shortcut menus (main CUI) vs Enterprise SC menus

I have setup our office Enterprise.cuix and placed it in the 'Enterprise file'.  each user will have their own 'main customization file' user.cuix.  

I personally would like to use my own shortcut menu 'for default mode' "My SC Menu".  

How do I get to show "My SC Menu" instead of the enteriprises' "context menu for default mode"?

thank you,

Howard

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
zalant
in reply to: arkitek2s

In some testing here, it appears that whatever shortcut menus are defined within the Enterprise CUIX file take precedence over those defined within the Main CUIX (assuming a menu of the same name is defined within each). Therefore, if you want control over your own shortcut menus (or at least the Default shortcut menu), remove them (it) from the Enterprise CUIX file, and leave them (it) defined within the Main CUIX file.

Zac Travis
Message 3 of 4
arkitek2s
in reply to: zalant

OK, I moved the shortcut menus from the enterprise to the main cuix.  Now just a handfull of icons in the shortcut menus are question marks. i.e. under the default mode, all icons in 'Isolate Objects' and 'AEC Modify Tools' are all questions marks.  why did some icons transfer over but others didnt and how do i fix them?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
zalant
in reply to: arkitek2s

Ah, that's a tricky one. All of the toolbar/ribbon button icons that ship with the program come from included DLL or other resource files. For example, most button icons included with default AutoCAD commands are stored within the acadbtn.xmx file, and are hard-coded to find that file. When it comes to icons that originate from other CUI files, like those from AutoCAD Architecture, there is an aca.dll file which stores the button images. If you make a copy of the aca.cuix file and change the name, you must also make a copy of the aca.dll file and make the name the same as that of the new cuix file.

This isn't always an easy thing to track down, just because it all comes down to finding out where the icon images originate. If you're pulling commands from mulitple cuix files, you may need to load up some partical cuix files within the enterprise, in order to call the necessary resources.

Here is an article which has a simple version of the above information.

Zac Travis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost